Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pet sitters prepare for the holiday rush

Oliver's feet never touch the floor
I thought I would look back to a post I wrote two years ago in anticipation of the holidays. Are you ready for your big week?

I was reminded of this when the time changed a few weeks ago. The first time I took out the flashlight to use it, the batteries were dead. This weekend, I realized I don't have an umbrella in the car. And the air pressure light for my tires is flashing. Tomorrow I will catch up on these chores before I hit the rest of my busy pet sitting week!

Riley models the new pillow
This morning I hit a couple of estate sales while out on my rounds (I do love weekend pet sits- garage sales are my bonus for getting up early). I got two giant faux fur pillows with removable washable covers for $5. Perfect for dog beds!

Bookmark and Share
© 2010 Terry Albert. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

Val Pegg said...

Hey Terry! I guess we're as ready as we can be! I'm glad you said umbrella, because the one in my car has gotten turned inside out one too many times, so it obviously needs replacing with a better one!
Merrick brand pet foods makes Thankgiving Dinner canned food for dogs and cats- I got the idea from Mike at Two Dads Pets to hand these out as gifts to clients, so I'm excited about that. I got a bunch of cute fall bags, candles and cards on a huge discount (50-75% off), and put together a little gift bag for them when they come back into town. :)
The giant faux fur pillows are a great idea! I, too, love yard sales. Thanks for sharing, I don't think I would have thought to look at yard sales for removable covered pillows. Beats spending $40 at the store!!

Terry Albert said...

I'm going to look for that food- what a great idea!

I love haunting garage sales on my Saturday morning rounds It makes it more fun to get up early. I have gotten food containers, beds, leashes, crates, ex pens and really expensive toys for almost nothing.