Sunday, May 16, 2010

The trials and tribulations of dog care...


I have a bearded collie sitting at my feet- she has a full coat, and diarrhea. She absolutely reeks. She got into her owner's take-out Mexican food the night before she came over here. Three burritos and 2 flautas later, her tummy is a little upset. This afternoon's project will be to hose her down. I have company coming for lunch, or I'd do it now-- don't want to get too disgustingly dirty before they get here!

This is such a fun job-- just play with dogs all day!


Bookmark and Share
© 2010 Terry Albert. All Rights Reserved.

7 comments:

www.petloverspalace.com said...

When it is time to give your dog a bath a booster bath tub is easier on your back http://www.petloverspalace.com/http---www.petloverspalace.com-Booster-Bath-2067-index1.html

Christy said...

I walk two "beardies" such great dogs, but not
when they are having the "problem" you are talking
about! Good luck, I don't envy you, at least it is somewhat warm in So Cal!

puppynerd said...

I feel your pain. We came home (late) this weekend to find our long haired akita had thrown up in her crate and then had to lie in it until we get back.

I felt worse for her (particularly since she does not like baths), but really, pretty bad for us too.

Ok, no more icky dog-fluid stories around lunch time.

rindarilson said...

So I had a Klee Kai puppy I was sitting get into my purse, which was on the coffee table, pull out my bank envelope of cash, and chew the bills (including two hundreds) into little pieces. I don't know if the bank can help me. The life of a pet sitter...sigh.

Terry Albert said...

I think we all have horror stories about the dogs we've cared for--this beardie is a wiggly dog, and I can't get her cleaned up by myself!

Terry Albert said...

Take the money pieces to the bank- they should replace it for you if you have enough left, and I hope you don't have to pick bits of it out of dog poop... ewwww.... the dog probably recognized your scent on the money and hoped it was treats!

Interceptor Dog said...

Lots of Good information in your posting, I would like to tweet your blog post so I can visit again in the near future.