Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pet Sitters: Are you ready for the holiday rush?


This photos is Emma (collie) and Onyx (a foster Lab) going for a Christmas Day walk on our street when I lived in Washington State. Brings back fond memories of cold winter days! Sometimes it was hard to get to my pet sitting clients' homes.

By Saturday you'll all be too busy to read this, so I thought I'd mention a few quick tips for pet sitters before the holiday rush is going full blast.

• Check the air in your tires, your oil, and any other maintenance your car may need. This is no time to get stranded. If it might snow, carry chains. Keep a bag of kitty litter in the car to use as "salt" on the road if your wheels are spinning on the ice. 

• Do your laundry and grocery shopping now. Plan ahead so you don't end up stopping for fast food every day, gaining weight, or snacking away your profits. 

• Do your Christmas shopping and mailing. You aren't going to have time next week.

• Be sure you have flashlight batteries, cell phone batteries, ice scraper, gloves, and pet sitting supplies on hand for when the weather gets bad. 

• Call all your clients and reconfirm their schedule.

You can't anticipate every little thing that will come up, but if you are prepared, the holiday rush won't be quite so frantic. Don't forget to take some time for yourself and your family!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com